The slip sinker is used with the slip sinker rig to troll bait slowly across the bottom, primarily for walleye fishing, but also it will catch catfish and other bottom-dwelling species. If you want to find out how to rig the slip sinker rig, watch and learn from Wade Bourne of MyOutdoorTV.
The slip sinker rig (also called the "walking sinker rig") is designed to slowly crawl live bait along breaklines, rock reefs, humps or other fish-holding bottom structure. Here's how to tie a slip sinker rig.
- Pass the line through the wire loop or hole in the slip sinker, and slide the sinker up the line.
- Tie a small barrel swivel to the end of the line.
- Tie a 3-foot monofilament leader to the other end of the barrel swivel.
- Tie on a small baitholder hook on the end of the leader.
- Bait up, lower or cast the line so the sinker hits bottom, and start the trolling run or retrieve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades