When it comes to both simplicity and efficiency, the bottom bouncer rig is one of the best fishing rigs you can use. It's great for crappie fishing, along with catfish, white bass, black bass, and other panfish and bottom-dwelling sportfish. Wade Bourne of MyOutdoorTV shows you how to fish a bottom bouncer rig.
A bottom bouncer is a trolling rig designed to present live bait at a controlled depth just above a lake or river's bottom. It consists of an L-shaped piece of wire with a weight molded around the longer wire arm. A worm harness, live bait rig or spinner rig is attached to the non-weighted (shorter) arm of the wire. Used primarily to catch walleye, the bottom bouncer rig is highly productive on crappie, catfish, white bass, black bass and other pan- and sportfish that dwell near bottom. Here is how to tie a bottom bouncer rig.
- Tie main line from rod to the loop in the L-bend of bottom bouncer.
- Attach or tie pre-assembled worm harness, live bait rig or spinner rig to upper (non-weighted) arm of bottom bouncer.
- Add live bait as desired.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades