A parachute-style dry fly has several advantages over a standard hackled dry fly. The parachute name comes from the fly's propensity for soft, upright landings that don't spook trout. The body of the fly rides lower the surface film like a real mayfly and some people find the parachute wing is easier to see. Another important quality is that because the hackle rests horizontally on the water, parachute flies float well and also imitate mayfly spinners laying flush in the water, as well as duns, which have upright wings.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades