Every fisherman has dealt with having to tie their own fishing knots, and when you come into a situation where you have two similar fishing lines with different rated strengths. Tying this fishing line together is simple and can be done with the Double Uni knot, sometimes called the Uni to Uni knot. Watch this tying animation to learn how to tie it.
The Double Uni knot is used by anglers in both salt and freshwater for joining lines of similar or different strengths with approximately the same diameter. It works well and some find it easier to tie than the Blood knot. This knot can be used with braided lines and mono / braided combinations. Just make several extra wraps in the braided line. More specifically, when tying in braided line to monofilament, make 8 turns with the braided line and 5+ turns with the mono.
There are four basic steps to completing the Double Uni knot. Check them out!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades