To add tippet to your leader, overlap a piece of tippet by no more than six to 8 inches with the end of the leader. Make a double overhand knot in the middle of the overlapped pieces, being sure to pass both the end of the leader and the entire tippet twice through the loop. When you tighten, lubricate the knot and pull on all four ends at the same time. This is crucial for maximum knot strength. This knot is so easy that I usually tie it as a triple overhand for a little extra strength. This is particularly helpful if your tippet is a different brand than your leader.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades