No, this yo-yo rig does not mean attaching your toy yo-yo to your fishing line. It's a specifically deigned mechanical reel that is designed to fish while you're home in bed. It's quite the reel, and worth a try. Wade Bourne of MyOutdoorTV shows you how to rig a mechanical yo-yo rig.
A fishing yo-yo is a spring-loaded metal reel that is rigged, baited and left in place so fish can find the bait. When they bite, the spring-loaded trigger trips, and an inertial reel sets the hook and keeps pressure on the fighting fish. Here is how to rig a mechanical yo-yo.
- Use stout nylon line that comes in the package to tie a yo-yo beneath a limb overhanging the water.
- Rig yo-yo line with hook and enough split shot to hold the line vertical in the water.
- Bait hook with live bait.
- Pull enough line out from yo-yo so bait will hold at least 2 feet into the water.
- Set the mechanical trigger, and then leave the rig in place for an extended time period.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades